I made a haul at Radio Shack!

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

MillenniumFalsehood

I made a haul at Radio Shack!

Post by MillenniumFalsehood »

Well, I suppose that's completely relative, but this is more electronics and components than I've ever bought at once.

The Radio Shack here in town is converting to a Sprint store, and so the owner is getting rid of all the components and experimenter stuff. Basically he took all the stuff off the walls except for cell phone covers and holsters and put it all in a bunch of boxes for 75% off. So naturally I was like a kid in a candy store. \:D/

I took a box and just piled and piled stuff into it: LEDs, resistors, switches, buttons, adapters, solder, jacks . . . Everything they had that I could conceivably use I tossed into the box, all the while adding it up in my head. I forget how much exactly, but it was well over $200 worth of components and tools. I even snagged a phototransistor, an iron-cleaning stand, and a bunch of electrical tape.

THIS is what I got.

And the best part? The owner was too lazy to check all the prices (can you blame him though?), so I got *all that* for $40. :twisted:

I'm . . . happy. :D
If a redhead works at a bakery, does that make him a gingerbread man?

Ponies defeat a Star Trek villain? Give them a Star Wars award ceremony!
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

Sweet! I love when stuff is so cheap you can just grab handfuls of it.

Now I wish I'd gone one of the three times the Radio Shack here went out of business.

-Rog
amandacaron

Post by amandacaron »

I'd shop at radio shack it their prices were always like that but usually they are 10 times more $$ than mail order.
Scott Hasty

Post by Scott Hasty »

I could get all that at Mouser for $20.00!

JUST KIDDING!

GREAT haul!
I am fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason
YT

Post by YT »

Awesome. I hadn't been in RadioShack for a while until I was looking for a charger for my robot, man have they changed. The stereotypical guy with a pocket protector is long gone. The chick that "helped" me could have been from the Gap!