Lighting for Polar Lights 350 scale refit Enterprise

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

skywarp1975

Lighting for Polar Lights 350 scale refit Enterprise

Post by skywarp1975 »

Hi, new here. I'm looking for an affordable lighting kit for PL refit Enterprise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kahless78

Post by kahless78 »

To get a screen accurate lighted ship Trekmodeler's kit is the way to go! Now it is pricey like a few hundred bucks but if you dont care about blinking lights and just want a lighted ship get you some battery powered led light strings. They have 20 bright leds all ready wired to 3 AA battery pack. I used those for my first build. Here is a link to my post in the startrek modelers forum and see for yourself how I did it. click the culttvman link and you should be good. For 2 lights strings it cost me 21 bucks.

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/vie ... hp?t=81593
skywarp1975

Post by skywarp1975 »

I like what you did there, but I'll shop around for lights. Thanks for the reply, it was a big help.
Pat Amaral

Post by Pat Amaral »

This kit is less pricey and it requires a bit more work but it's a pretty slick alternative.
Pat A.
=============================
50% Nerd, 50% Geek, 100% Cool
matt murdock

Post by matt murdock »

Ive used a combination of about 30 12v LEDs and a couple of 30cm long cold cathode tubes (for the nacelles) go them all off ebay , Id say they probably cost no more than £40 altogether,
I have some pics of the finished article if you want to see it herehttp://kitshed.net/star_trek.htm