Mr. Resin Primer Surfacer and What Paint?

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

jasonius

Mr. Resin Primer Surfacer and What Paint?

Post by jasonius »

Ok, just bought some Mr. Resin Primer, 'cause the LHS can't get tamiya in... I just wanted to make sure Citadel paints are good to go with this stuff. I don't airbrush, so bought the spraycan from 'Robot4less' online. Figured I'd see what the fuss was about, especially since most of what I do now is resin.

My Citadel paints are starting to goop up from the new bottle design, presumably, but Reaper is right around the corner from me so it wouldn't break my heart to switch to them or Vallejo, unless someone has some better suggestions or warnings with this primer.

Thanks in advance!
BProbst

Re: Mr. Resin Primer Surfacer and What Paint?

Post by BProbst »

jasonius wrote:I just wanted to make sure Citadel paints are good to go with this stuff
The point of primer is to provide a "neutral" surface for the paint of your choice to attach to. A primer that reacts with paint is not a good primer. :D

Citadel paints are water-based acrylics and as such pretty much require a primer (of any type) to get a good grip.

I'm not specifically familiar with the "Mr Resin" product, but if it's designed to work as a primer then you should be fine.
Bruce Probst
Melbourne, Australia
"I want to decide who lives and who dies."
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

The Mr. Resin Primer is formulated to work better on resin than styrene. Other than that Cit paints should pose no problems.
Abolish Alliteration
jasonius

Post by jasonius »

Cool thanks.