Need Help: Refit "Shields Up Display Base" circuit

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

Sloucher

Post by Sloucher »

Hi Shizman

Sorry for the delay in getting back, trans-Atlantic time slip an' all that!

I've posted a pic of the bare pcb on my blog (see the sig below). I've just got to assemble one so as to confirm that all is well and then I can send you one. Would you want just the bare board (it would have to include the programmed microprocessor with a suitable holder) or would you prefer a bare board and processor and all the other components required to build it?

The only thing that wouldn't be included would be the actual plaque of course, you'd have to get that from Matt at Laserfirecreations.

I was thinking of asking 32USD for the board, programmed processor and wiring diagram (schematic and physical layout). I'll probably be marketing the board assembled, together with a small connector board (to connect all the display led wires to a 14 way connector, allowing a ribbon cable to be used to connect to the main board) for around 100USD.

You'll find the most expensive component on the board in the Maxim matrix chip - they can retail for around 20USD each, you may have to shop around!

I'm shortly going to be offering these boards and other lighting type boards from a new website thats currently being designed for me by my son. It'll mainly aimed at the UK market so as to save shipping and import costs and so as not to compete directly with those guys already selling great products in the States.

Bernie
WiredFX

Small Lighting and Effects UK
Shizman

Post by Shizman »

The $32 option works for me. I already have the plaque. I'm in Canada so whatever shipping would be needed to be added to that of course.
Sloucher

Post by Sloucher »

OK, cheers Shizman - PM sent. :)
WiredFX

meterman30215

Post by meterman30215 »

This looks great. Does it come with a sound option for the beeps while the LEDS are lit one at a time?
Meterman30215
Sloucher

Post by Sloucher »

Hi Meterman - yes it does. If you have a look on my blog (see sig), I've posted a video so you can judge the sound quality!

If anyone is interested in these boards, it might be best to pm me, as I don't want to infringe any of the forum rules about advertising :oops:

I'll post an announcement when my website is up and running in the New Year :D

Bernie
WiredFX

meterman30215

Post by meterman30215 »

Sloucher wrote:Hi Meterman - yes it does. If you have a look on my blog (see sig), I've posted a video so you can judge the sound quality!

If anyone is interested in these boards, it might be best to pm me, as I don't want to infringe any of the forum rules about advertising :oops:

I'll post an announcement when my website is up and running in the New Year :D

Bernie
I'm sold. PM sent. Thank you sir.
Meterman30215