Need help in constrution

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

stegoman05

Need help in constrution

Post by stegoman05 »

Im new to scratchbuilding. Im mean very new. I want to attempt to build my on models but dont know where to start. Mostly what i want to know is what material everyone uses. Like if want to build an ISD. What material would i use? Just point me to the right place. I should figure out the rest. Any help would be appreciate it.
Chacal
Location: Rio. Always unseasonably warm, even in the Winter, when we'll host the Summer Olympic Games of 2016

Post by Chacal »

I would suggest you brouse around the other forums also. Scratchbuilding is a great one, Construction (here) also. Read a bit, do some searches on stuff you think may be helpful. I'll even throw you a bone: sheet styrene. Do a search on it. You'll find many helpful tips on how to cut, glue, paint it. Have a ball, go nuts. Here we have a HUGE amount of useful information and the most helpful (and nice) people on the Internet.

Check also the tip of the day section on SM itself.

Beware though. People around here can be sometimes TOO helpful. Soon you'll be spending many, many hours a day "chewing the fat" with the guys (and girls too, right Linda?)
Sheer elegance in its simplicity.

Political unrest in dictatorships is rather like a round of rock-paper-scissors: The oposition goes on denouncing the regime on the papers, the regime censors the papers, rock-throwing ensues.
Darth Humorous

Post by Darth Humorous »

If you have a strong disposition and can take the writing style, I highly recommend the articles by David Merriman on CultTVman's site. He's the real deal.

Mark
TER-OR
Site Admin
Location: Conjugate imprecision of time negates absolute determination of location.

Post by TER-OR »

Alignment will be your big issue - whichever methods you use. A height guage will be a very good tool. A completely flat surface, with perpendicular surface, and a tower of sorts you can use to attach a pen to mark the kit to make sure everything is parallel.
Raised by wolves, tamed by nuns, padded for your protection.

Terry Miesle
Never trust anyone who says they don't have a hobby.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati