Needing someone to print some decals for me.

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

gwsht5

Needing someone to print some decals for me.

Post by gwsht5 »

I have a big problem, and I hope someone out there can help me. I have the zip file to Aurthur Pendragon's Enterprise B decals. I do not own a printer for one, and two, MLH is a 45 minute drive, and third, I have no bloody clue on how t go about printing these out.

I'm needing someone to fix these, and print them out for me. I'll pay for the shipping and the materials used to do it. I contacted Aurthur/Carlos, and told him what I wanted to do and asked basically for his blessing(I didn't want him to think I was doing something wrong, just covering my butt), and he gave it.

So, If there is anyone who can and will do this for me, shoot me a PM, and give me your email, and I'll send the file. Thanks so much, and I hope to hear from someone really soon!
gwsht5
photoguy

Post by photoguy »

No big problem. First thing is to find some blank decal paper. You can order on-line from here:http://www.tangopapadecals.com/ It's a dollar a sheet, with a thirty sheet minimum order. I've heard wonderful things about this paper, currently waiting to receive my first batch from him. I have used a lot of the Detail Master decal paper with very good results. It is a little more expensive per sheet, but is available in smaller quantities. You should be able to order this from your local hobby shop. As far as printing it out, is there a Staples or Office Max near you? Just take your disk and your decal paper to them, and tell them to run it though on their printer's "HEAVY MEDIA" setting. They might even give you a discount for supplying your own paper. Once you get home, you can coat it with a nice coat of Future, or as long as you're at the Hobby Shop, pick up some of the Testor's Decal Bonder This serves as a protective layer over the toner so you don't rub it off during application or handling of the model. It also gives the film a little extra thickness, so it doesn't fold under quite as easily. Trim as close to the artwork as you can, and apply as usual.

Custom decals are addictive. I've found myself collecting cool textures and patterns from the web, and just saying, "OOOoo, that'll make a neat decal for SOMETHING!"
Member: IPMS, TSSM& NAPP
Visit my PORTFOLIO and
"Like" me on FACEBOOK
Newbie Doobie

Post by Newbie Doobie »

Try www.microscale.com Maybe they can help you. They make all kinds of decals. If not,try www.jbot.ca/ this site may just have the very ones that you need.
gwsht5

Post by gwsht5 »

Thanks for all the advice guys, it's really appreciated. I am needing someone to print these out for me. JTGraphics, and JBOT are both swamped, and microscale has a minimum of 125 decals per custom order, so I'm needing someone who prints their own to print them out for me. Please PM me, and I'll send the file.
starmanmm

Post by starmanmm »

I think Photoguy is correct on what choices are.

I'm in the same boat and may just go that way.

But is there a site that you can down load the fonts used to make decals for the 1/1000 scalePL ships?