USS Voyager strobe and nav lights

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

Dezmond76

USS Voyager strobe and nav lights

Post by Dezmond76 »

Hi There,

Can someone help me, how many strobe lights have Voyager and where they located?
In witch sequence they lit.

The nav lights suppose to blink or not?
Thank for advance.
nickymaude

Post by nickymaude »

hi, i`ll tell you how i did my voyager. I far as i know, the nav lights, (red & green ones) dont flash on voyager. after close inspection of a few episodes, i found the blinking (white) lights, 2 at the bow of the ship, one on top and one underneath, one on the bit just before the bridge, and 2 at the rear, (just behind the shuttle bay doors, and underneath), thats how ive done mine, hope this helps.
Tchail

Post by Tchail »

It depends on whether the ship is the CGI version or the physical model.

On the CGI, the lights that blink appear to be the saucer-edge lights and the lights on the back of the nacelles.

However, on the physical model, the only lights that blink are a light on the top of Deck 2, directly in front of the Bridge, and a light that's at the bottom of the secondary-hull by the tractor beam.

Also, all of the windows on the physical model were lit.

Best of luck,

-Tchail
“In the beginning the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry, and has generally been regarded as a bad move." Episode 5, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Dezmond76

Post by Dezmond76 »

Thanks for your help.