help with paper flag needed

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

35th-scale

help with paper flag needed

Post by 35th-scale »

Hi Guys,
can someone awnser this rather simple question? What glue is best to stick a paper flag to tin-foil? I want the tinfoil in the flag so it can be shaped to look like it's flapping, but every glue or paint I've used so far to try and get it to stick either soesn't stick or comes through the paper of the flag. I'm rapily running out of scraps that have been trimmed from around the flag t experiment on....
Cheers,
Sean.
Rogviler

Post by Rogviler »

Have you tried white (PVA) glue or wood (yellow) glue? That's what I always used when making wargaming flags. In those cases you probably wouldn't want to use an inkjet print as it might bleed, but I wouldn't otherwise worry about them soaking through because they'll dry clear, unlike superglue which tends to permanantly darken the paper.

If neither of those work then I would suggest some 3M spray adhesive.

-Rog
photoguy

Post by photoguy »

How big of a flag are you making?

Usually, when I make a paper flag, I print it out on thin paper (both sides on one side of the paper) and fold it over a piece of wire or line with some white glue. Mold the flapping curve of the flag in while the glue is wet, and when it dries, it is quite durable.
Member: IPMS, TSSM& NAPP
Visit my PORTFOLIO and
"Like" me on FACEBOOK