Can anyone help me with LED circuit layout planning?

Ask and answer questions, share tips and resources for installing lighting and other electronics in your models.

Moderators: Sparky, Moderators

DLMatthys
Location: "Fracking? Not in my back yard. Now get off my ranch!

Post by DLMatthys »

I enjoy reading your reports... and successes
My guess is that you had a very good HS electronics instructor.
And the fact that you were like "into it" and kept a interest for it.
DL Matthys
don@dlmparts.com
http://www.dlmparts.com
Make it Glow!
Magma

Post by Magma »

I've got the board etched, with a modification to allow me to make the nacelle lights flash, or not, depending on how things go. I'm going to finish speeding through the last 3 seasons before making a decision - So far I've only seen the nacelle navigation lights flash in 3 scenes in the middle of season 4.

I've just seen "Night", and that has the nacelle lights steady on. There are also some good shots that show some less obvious features, such as the fact thet the saucer's port and starboard lights are not in line with each other - The upper one is above the airlock but the lower one lies slightly forward of it.

Also, this episode has an EIGHTH unprecidented white navigation light suddenly appear, immediately above the secondary deflector. It has never been in any episode previously. I suspect this was added only for this episode because otherwise with the absence of ambient lighting you'd have no idea where the bow of the ship was most of the time.

EDIT: The mystery eighth light reappeared in the episode "In The Flesh" but only when Voyager was in the shadow of a planet, which I think reinforces my supposition that it's only there to outline the ship in darkness. I'm going to ignore it because it doesn't exist on the physical model, and it's in an impractical location to drill through.

I've got lots of things to be getting on with while I speed through these episodes - I've finished filing out the 380 windows on the ship but I still need to work on the larger windows and the room-boxes behind them. Finishing the PCB off can wait for a week or two while I get through the rest of the episodes.