Aztec decaling

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

cylon75

Aztec decaling

Post by cylon75 »

I'm redoing the toy version of the 2009 Enterprise and i have already repainted it and now I'm looking to do a Aztec pattern, either decal or paint to it. any suggestion on this.I have never attempted this before so I'm looking for some direction.thanks
Not all cylons are bad ,only the damaged ones
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

Neither is easy. My guess, and it's just that ....a guess, is that you may find that decaling may be just a wee bit easier because when your finished laying down the decal you can instantly see your results. With the masking your going to pray to the Gods that there was no paint leak under the masks. And all those masks will be very very tiny. Check out Soongs Enterprise D...I'd rake my eyes with a melon scoop if I had to mask all that. Crazy.
Buck Laughlin: [after Beatrice the dog jumps up on the show judge] He went for her like she's made outta ham.
~Best in Show, 2000
Often wrong Soong

Post by Often wrong Soong »

Glorfindel wrote:...Check out Soongs Enterprise D...I'd rake my eyes with a melon scoop if I had to mask all that. Crazy.
Haha! yep, crazy I whole heartedly agree buddy! The next one will be 2 colours only...and a 1/1000 scratchbuild... :twisted:

As for aztecing, depends on your experience/skill with an airbrush. If you're not too comfortable with masking then decals are the best way to go

Good luck Cylon75, good work so far

Soong