Micromark Resin

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Darkov

Micromark Resin

Post by Darkov »

I've never used Micromark resin before untill today. I got CR-600. Is it soposed to be kind of soft after it has cured? I mean if I push on it with a finger nail it leaves a mark. Did I mix it wrong or is that what this stuff is like.
It did a wonderful job of replicating all the details and the part looks Great. I did cast it under pressure (40psi) and It like that for about 4 hours. It has a 30-40min demold time but it doesn't say how long till fully cured. Should I wait longer? Just curious.....I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong before I cast more parts.

Thanks
Pete
unsc shipworks

Re: Micromark Resin

Post by unsc shipworks »

Darkov wrote:I've never used Micromark resin before untill today. I got CR-600. Is it soposed to be kind of soft after it has cured? I mean if I push on it with a finger nail it leaves a mark. Did I mix it wrong or is that what this stuff is like.
That doesn't sound normal... It should be pretty firm and not easily "dented" in the way that you describe. Make sure when you stir the A and B together that you scrape the sides of the mixing container, that might be the problem. The other possible problem is the humidity from this summer weather. I don't know how the weather is around you, but around here it is very humid and would definitely interfere with mixing resin! I mix my RTV and resin in the basement where I have a dehumidifier running to avoid ruining a pour.