finding props and people in 1/35 OT-ish

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

raser13
Location: second star to the left and straight on till mourning. other wise known as st. louis,mo

finding props and people in 1/35 OT-ish

Post by raser13 »

o.k. i don't know where exactly this would belong on this board besides here, so if it's wrong moderators please move it. allrighty then, the model i'm working on isn't sci-fi but it's near and dear to my heart. while i was in the Army i worked on a missile system called an Avenger.

http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/cv/ada/Avenger.html

i've never seen a model of this since i joined the Army in '97. that is untill today :D :D !!! i found an Italeri 1/35 version of this beloved system of mine and brought here home with me from the LHS!!! when i got home i opened her up andlooked over the peices. nicely detailed from the outside. not so much on the inside if you know wht your looking at. but i'll mock up the insides later, they're not the problem. my problem are the things that bring these models to life, like soda cans, fuel cans, MRE's, warning lables. i've looked on the net and seen some amazing armor and military models with this stuff in them and much more in this scale. where do i get them?? do one of the railroad scales match up with 1/35? if so which one? also for any of you that do armor and such in this scale, where might i find military style cable heads??? i've seen these on several models and they make them pop to life. i would ask these people but most of the sites i've seen them on are just show off sites, or build for a fee sites. no way to contact anyone :( . so any help is apreciated. also who has the best modern military people in this scale? thanks
i love it when a plan comes together
http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/raser13/
redfinger

Post by redfinger »

Verlinden makes a huge assortment of after market diorama bits, photo-etch, resin, all kinds of fun stuff. I have also has some success at train shops, you can make things look like other stuff w/ a little bit of work.

But try Verlinden first, google it you will be amazed. And btw if you do fins some verlinden stuff write the number down and check w/ "megahobby" on evil bay, the guy has almost every verlinden set I think, and his prices are great!

Ashton
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

You can also check over @ Great Models for the flotsam of life. There's a huge amount of detail accessories available in 1:35.
Abolish Alliteration