Alclad II Question..help!

This is the place to get answers about painting, weathering and other aspects of finishing a model.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

LuiS_42

Alclad II Question..help!

Post by LuiS_42 »

hi have any of you tried the titanium gold ALC-118 by alclad? is it shiny enough to do a kind of chrome gold? i know they have a pale gold..but it might not have the shine i'm looking for.. thanks!

Luis
"Hell Hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega."
photoguy

Post by photoguy »

I've seen some really nice results from Alclad, however, personally, I've never gotten the shine I wanted. I'd try the bare metal foil.

One of the guys at my local art supply store just showed me a sample board he was airbrushing with a new paint from Createx. I think he called "Auto-air" paint. It's a water-cleanup automotive paint (it does require it's own thinner) that has the finest metalic particles I have ever seen. He was working with silver, candy blue, and candy red and the results were beautiful.
Check Createx's web-site to see if they have a gold as well.
Member: IPMS, TSSM& NAPP
Visit my PORTFOLIO and
"Like" me on FACEBOOK
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

Alclad's ti gold & pale gold won't come out as a vibrant polished gold. They're pretty much the shade you see in the pigment on the bottom.
Abolish Alliteration
LuiS_42

Post by LuiS_42 »

Kylwell wrote:Alclad's ti gold & pale gold won't come out as a vibrant polished gold. They're pretty much the shade you see in the pigment on the bottom.
But much better than lets say, tamiya Gold leaf? will i be able to buff the titanium gold?
will clear yellow over chrome alclad come out as shiny gold?? I cant use BMF because what i'm trying to paint does not have an even surface and would be too difficult..

thanks!
Last edited by LuiS_42 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kylwell

Post by Kylwell »

LuiS_42 wrote:
Kylwell wrote:Alclad's ti gold & pale gold won't come out as a vibrant polished gold. They're pretty much the shade you see in the pigment on the bottom.
But much better than lets say, tamiya Gold leaf? will i be able to buff the titanium gold?
thanks!
Oh hell yes. Tamiya's gold is horrid, brassy looking stuff. Haven't tried buffing Alclad gold but I've buffed just about everything else they make.
Abolish Alliteration
LuiS_42

Post by LuiS_42 »

Kylwell wrote:
LuiS_42 wrote:
thanks!
Oh hell yes. Tamiya's gold is horrid, brassy looking stuff. Haven't tried buffing Alclad gold but I've buffed just about everything else they make.
then i guess i can still buff the t.gold..will have to try again..thanks!