My scribing technique (Sci-High Models)

Got a question about techniques, materials or other aspects of physically building a model? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: DasPhule, Moderators

Alex Dumas

My scribing technique (Sci-High Models)

Post by Alex Dumas »

Some of you have asked me what my technique is so here's a little article describing it (it only took a few months to do so :roll: )

http://www.scihighmodels.com/howto_scrib.html

Writing is not my thing but pictures tell a lot. Don't hesitate to post your comments!
Last edited by Alex Dumas on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alex
scihighmodels.com
en'til Zog

Post by en'til Zog »

It's short, simple, and effective. Good pictures. GOOD JOB! :D
TREKKRIFFIC

Post by TREKKRIFFIC »

Yes indeed. Concise and clearly illustrated.
"Well--we'll be safe for now--thank goodness we're in a bowling alley--"
futch

Post by futch »

great article. really good. i think i've seen that pattern in the flesh. i thought there was some voodoo magic going on to get those lines ;-)

if i may add one extra tip - rather than just your thumb/finger, use a small blob of blu-tack as 'safety' to help hold the template in place. i can't think of how many times i've reached the end of the scribe only to have the template shift a fraction. re-seating it just isn't the same. grrr :D
Alex Dumas

Post by Alex Dumas »

futch wrote:if i may add one extra tip - rather than just your thumb/finger, use a small blob of blu-tack as 'safety' to help hold the template in place. i can't think of how many times i've reached the end of the scribe only to have the template shift a fraction. re-seating it just isn't the same. grrr :D
That's a great tip! :)

And thanks for the comments everyone!
Alex
scihighmodels.com